Can't zoom using web client

Hello, thanks for an incredible resource. Just getting to grips with its enormity!

I can’t for the life of me get the web version to zoom in or out; tried pg up/dn, +/-, and all combinations of mouse keys. Ok I’m using a marble mouse (trackball) and trying its emulation of the scroll wheel, but none of the above work. Is this as it should be, and only available in the downloadable app version?

Kind regards,
Matt.

3 Likes

@AstroMoose That doesn’t sound good - zoomability is one of the huge strengths of WWT and it should definitely work. The scrolling ability on a mouse should be the way to zoom, @pkgw might have a better idea of any keyboard zooming functions.

What browser are you using? Do you have any other mouse/trackpad to test if it will zoom with other hardware?

1 Like

Yes, it is very disappointing that zoom is not available.
For health reasons I use a marble mouse as well.
Dear developers, is it sooooo difficult to put a + or - sign on the screen for zoom?

1 Like

SOLVED:

Hello again…

I find that Chrome zooms perfectly well, using the +/- keys on the main keyboard. Joy!

There’s definitely a Firefox issue where zooming doesn’t work at all, for me.

I still can’t get my Logitech marble mouse to zoom, despite trying ‘marble mouse scroll wheel’ 3rd party app. Will have to try a traditional scroller if I can find one.

What a beautiful thing WWT is! Can’t thank you clever people enough!!!

2 Likes