Having trouble installing WWT

Hello,
This is my first post and first on the forum.

Thank you for the forum and I do apologize if this is in the wrong section. I have downloaded the WWT program and when I try to install it, it fails to install. This is what my computer has…

Intel(R) Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
RAM 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home version

Am I missing a step in installing the program ??
Any help would be great and thank you again.

Chris Mingrone

@cmingrone Hmmm not what we want, of course. Does it provide any error message when it fails?

Thank you for responding !!!

Yes, I get an error message… it says the following…

“There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor…”

Then it only gives me an OK button. After that it states to re install the program. I have tried that about 3 times. Still no result.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Again, is there anyone who can help me with this issue ???

Got it installed…I think it was the ad blocker that was causing the issue.

Glad that you were able to get WWT working!

I’m having a similar issue trying to download wwt on my laptop. I’ve tried using the newest version, but every time I open it, it says “AAS WorldWide Telescope has encountered an error. Click OK to restart or Cancel to attempt to ignore the error and continue.”

If I click OK it restarts, if I click cancel it crashes after a few seconds, and if I click the ‘x’, it reopens the same error message.

Here’s some info on my laptop:
Surface Pro 7+
Processor: 11th gen intel(r) core™ i3-1115g4 @ 3.00GHz, 2995 Mhz, 2cores, 4 logical processors
Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics