I am having some trouble finding the files of my WWT tours once I render them. I have been following the tutorial on the WWT Tour Authoring Guide, but no luck! It works just fine for a flat screen video and I am able to find all the png files exactly where I saved them, but with rendering full dome videos, I cannot find the files at all. I searched the entire computer and they don’t seem to be anywhere. Any ideas? Thanks!
Have you made sure that you are in fulldome mode? When exporting a tour I recommend
- playing a tour all the way through / make sure all content is fully loaded
- detach the screen to a second monitor
- make sure scaling on Windows is at 100% (or you won’t get full resolution)
- if exporting for dome use, toggle dome mode in the appropriate configuration (fisheye or mirror)
- make sure “Wait for all downloads” is checked in the render menu
- render at 60+ fps (WWT has a tendency to drop a frame or 2 per second and you may want to use a video sequencing software to change the framerate to 60 fps after frames are dropped or bad frames are discarded)
- leave a buffer of a few seconds on the front and back end of the tour
- if timing to audio / music, make the fine adjustments after the tour is rendered
I hope this helps!
Yes after much trial and error I got it to work! I’ve been checking the Dome Master box, but when I left it unchecked, everything rendered just fine and the png files were exactly where I saved them! Thanks so much!